- Bahasa Indonesia
Ice Wraith (Skyrim)
- Edit source
- View history
Ice Wraiths are swift, elemental creatures of ice and snow in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim . They move quickly and use powerful frost attacks .
- 1 Combat behavior
- 2 Locations
- 8 Appearances
- 9 References
Combat behavior [ ]
- Ice wraiths fight with high-damage, frost-based melee attacks, and because of this, are quite tough. More importantly, they are very agile; they may not be incredibly fast when closing in at the Dragonborn , but they move through the air with slithering motions that makes them generally difficult to hit at range, and once they enter melee they are incredibly evasive. They slither in and out of reach with fearsome unpredictability, striking fast and then withdrawing out of reach again. This makes them almost as difficult to hit in melee as in range. At close range, however, the constant stream of fire from the novice spell Flames works particularly well against them, as one's aim can be readily adjusted to compensate for the wraiths' swift movements.
- As they are frost-based creatures, they will usually only appear in cold and snowy places. They can thus be very difficult to see (depending on the light) due to their transparency and frosty glow. This can make them even more difficult to hit. They are generally most difficult to make out when viewed against a snowy background on a bright day, but are usually easier to spot at night, when they will glow more than the snow around them.
- Due to their nature, they are immune to frost damage, but weak against fire-based attacks .
- Ice wraiths sometimes hide in the snow, and will ambush if given the opportunity, however they can be seen using Aura Whisper or Detect Life .
Locations [ ]
- The Midden (which is below the College of Winterhold )
- The Serpent Stone
- Throat of the World (At low levels, ice wolves and wolves will be present instead)
- Near Pinefrost Tower
- Hag's End (summoned by a hagraven boss)
- Bonechill Passage
- Shalidor's Maze (in Labyrinthian )
- Weynon Stones
- The ice-covered areas of Solstheim DR
- The ice Wraith is also able to be encountered randomly mostly in snowy areas due to its nature.
- Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon (down the stairs near the rock with the flag)
- Forsaken Cave
- Greywater Grotto
- The Dragonborn must defeat an ice wraith on the island of the Serpent Stone to be initiated into the Stormcloaks .
- Marise Aravel requires 5 Ice Wraith Teeth to keep her produce fresh.
Gallery [ ]
- It is possible to contract the Witbane disease from ice Wraiths. 
- This is also corroborated by the fact that in Hag's End , two appear to be summoned by a Hagraven . They may also have been teleported, as the hagraven teleports twice to different chambers with the same exact animation as the summoning animation.
- In a conversation with Marise Aravel , as well as in the Pocket Guide to the Empire, First Edition: Skyrim , it is discovered that Nords usually hunt ice wraiths for initiation rituals to claim to full status as citizens of Skyrim.
- Even though ice Wraiths float above the ground, they still can sustain fall damage when knocked to the ground from a height. This can be seen at Hag's End if they fall off the ledge at the end of the level, or if blown off a mountain side by Unrelenting Force .
- Magic Anomalies share the same sounds, attack damage, and combat behavior as ice Wraiths.
- Ice Wraiths cast a weaker version of the Wall of Frost spell below their bodies when approaching enemies and in combat, though not when fleeing.
See also [ ]
- Ice Wraith Teeth
- Ice Wraith Essence
Appearances [ ]
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Orsinium
- The Elder Scrolls: Legends
References [ ]
- Elder Scrolls
- 1 Marriage (Skyrim)
- 2 Console Commands (Skyrim)
- 3 Stones of Barenziah
Ice Wraith Teeth
- View history
Ice Wraith Teeth are an ingredient used to craft potions for Alchemy .
- Weakness to Frost
- Fortify Heavy Armor
- Weakness to Fire
- 1 Daedric Relic (quest)
- 2 Coral Dragon Claw
- 3 Folgunthur
- Ice Wraith Teeth
Where to find Ice Wraith Teeth:
Ice Wraith Teeth are icy fangs dropped by Ice Wraith. Ice Wraiths can be found in the snowy parts of Skyrim, and also live in The Midden below the College of Winterhold. There are samples of Ice Wraith Teeth in Jorrvaskr in Whiterun as well as Hall of Attainment in the College of Winterhold.
Ideal ingredient matchers:
These are ingredients which have two or more effects in common with Ice Wraith Teeth:
- White Cap ( Fortify Heavy Armor , Weakness to Frost )
All effects of Ice Wraith Teeth, together with other ingredients that share the same effect:
Fortify Heavy Armor :
- Sabre Cat Tooth
- Slaughterfish Scales
- Thistle Branch
- Ash Creep Cluster
- Chaurus Eggs
- Crimson Nirnroot
- Luna Moth Wing
- Vampire Dust
Weakness to Fire :
- Bleeding Crown
- Burnt Spriggan Wood
- Frost Salts
- Juniper Berries
- Powdered Mammoth Tusk
Weakness to Frost :
- Abecean Longfin
- Ash Hopper Jelly
The Ice Wraith is a magical, lucid serpentine nature spirit purely made out of ice.    They are typically found across Skyrim 's snow-blown landscape and mountain ranges but can also be found in High Rock and Cyrodiil 's reclusive mountain country, as well as the Sea of Ghosts .  They blend in the snow and become nigh invisible to the naked eye. They will then lunge at unsuspecting prey with their entire body and bite them to death. Prey can sometimes get infected with Witbane , a disease that dulls a person's intelligence.  Ice Wraiths are among many creatures that are immune to paralysis. 
An account from the Nordic hunter, Grundvik Cold-Fist , describes them as "a snaking skeleton of blue flame", "a collection of ice bones bound together by nature magic , a sharp-ridged spine finishing at a malcontented jaw of bone and sharp teeth". These creatures can pass through their prey's bodies and afflict them with an infection.  They can also burrow into the ground and burst back up.  When an Ice Wraith is killed, its body will combust into large spikes of ice that can cut the skin. 
Culture and Uses [ edit ]
As per Nordic custom, young men are sent into the wilderness to hunt ice wraiths as a rite of passage for citizenship.  They specifically went to Serpentstone Isle northeast of Winterhold where ice wraiths gathered around the Serpent , one of Skyrim's legendary standing stones . When the Stormcloaks were formed in the Fourth Era , they used this old Nordic tradition as a test for new recruits. 
An Ice Wraith can be harvested for quality alchemy ingredients. Their teeth are a prized ingredient  for a weakness to frost or fire poison, but can also grant invisibility when mixed with something like Nirnroot or wings of a Luna Moth .  White Ice is another ingredient that can be harvested from Ice Wraiths or any magical species related to the cold. Its texture is flaked and should fluff without melting. Among its effects, white ice can keep diseases at bay and boost the consumer's agility. 
Gallery [ edit ]
Ice Wraith (Online)
The Serpent Stone
Notes [ edit ]
- The shouts of dragons can summon elemental wyrms that are similar to Ice Wraiths in appearance and movement.  
- When developing ice wraiths, the Skyrim developers didn't really know what an ice wraith looked like and didn't want to do a typical ghost-like specter. They worked with one of the concept artists who envisioned a serpentine crystal-and-ice creature. 
See Also [ edit ]
- For game-specific information, see the Skyrim , ESO , and Legends articles.
- For an alchemy entry an Ice Wraith teeth, see the following article.
Books [ edit ]
- Herbane's Bestiary: Ice Wraiths by Herbane — A guide to Ice Wraiths
References [ edit ]
- ^ a b c Herbane's Bestiary: Ice Wraiths — Herbane
- ^ The Wispmother — Mathias Etienne
- ^ a b c Kyne's Challenge: A Hunter's Companion — David S. J. Hodgson
- ^ a b Ice Wraiths in ESO
- ^ Catalogue of Weapon Enchantments — Yvonne Bienne , Synod researcher
- ^ Pocket Guide to the Empire, 1st Edition: Skyrim — Imperial Geographical Society , 2E 864
- ^ Galmar Stone-Fist 's dialogue in Skyrim
- ^ Ice Wraith Teeth in Skyrim
- ^ Agents and Reagents: The Bounty of Mundus — David S. J. Hodgson
- ^ Flame Wyrm in ESO: Elsweyr
- ^ Storm Wyrm in ESO: Elsweyr
- ^ Behind the Wall: The Making of Skyrim
- Lore-All Terms
- Not logged in
- Create account
- Featured Articles
- Recent Changes
- Random Page
- How to Contribute
- View Mobile Version
- Android App
- All Content
- Elder Scrolls Online
- Skyrim Add-ons
- Knights of the Nine
- Shivering Isles
- Oblivion Downloads
- Morrowind Plugins
- Call to Arms
- Community Portal
- Hosted Wikis
- Starfield Wiki
- Oblivion CS Wiki
- Skyrim CK Wiki
- Fallout 3 GECK Wiki
- Fallout 4 CK Wiki
- What Links Here
- Related changes
- Special Pages
- Printable Version
- Permanent Link
- Page information
- Cite this page
- This page was last edited on 2 January 2024, at 15:06.
- All content is available under the terms of the Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License .
- About UESPWiki
- Mobile view
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Originally posted by Icecream man : I dont play with any mods this is a bug in the vinilla game.
Originally posted by Icecream man : ya my save list is about 12 saves but I didnt notice it untill many saves later and a save befor this quest was gone. the quest giver still has the quest complet dilalog and I got the loot for doing it the quest is just now stuck in the log. thx too the people that were helpful.
Report this post
- PlayStation 3
- PlayStation 4
- PlayStation 5
- Xbox Series
- More Systems
Completed quests that appear uncompleted?
The elder scrolls v: skyrim, pc playstation 3 xbox 360 pc playstation 4, the elder scrolls v: skyrim (pc).
- The are some side quests that I have finnished that still appear in my journal as if I have never done themand I don't know how to get rid of them. An example of this is the side quest that requires me to get five (5) ice wraith teeth for a Dunmer (dark elf) in Riften. I had gotten the teeth for her but the quest still appears in my journal. This has happened to at least two (2) other side quests. Is there a way to fix the quest so that I can redo it, and or delete if from my journal? LeoF523 - 6 years ago - report
- Per the UESP (Unofficial Elder Scrolls Page) for the quest to get the Ice Wraith teeth: en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Ice_Cold ---------- After completing this quest once, you may receive the first quest objective in your journal again. The counter does not increase upon adding ice wraith teeth to your inventory, and the objective is stuck in your quest log permanently. PC Only This bug is fixed by version 1.2.1 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch. Collect 10 Ice Wraith Teeth instead so that once you turn in 5, the counter maxes out at 5 again (thus successfully completing the quest). ------------- You can also try using the console commands to clear the quest. Open the console and type in the following line: SetStage FreeformRiften07 200 Hit the enter key and close the console. You should get a message telling you that the quest has been completed and it should drop from your quest list. If that did not clear the quest, try repeating that process, but change the stage number from 200 to 250. Each quest has an ID, you can look them up in the UESP or the Skyrim wiki, and each quest has a list of stages along the way. Most quests will list a stage with a green check mark for their completed stage, some will have a red X for the quest failed stage. Some, like Ice Cold, only show one stage, so one of the "empty stages" with a number after the listed stage will be the stage to complete the quest. Or you can look up the console commands to use find the quests and to find what stages you have completed and which the game thinks you still need to do. Good luck! Evil_Geoff (Expert) - 6 years ago - report 2 5
More Questions from This Game
- How do I start the thieves guild quests? Side Quest PC 3 answers
- Misc quests help? Side Quest X360 1 answer
- All quests seem to be corrupt, how do I solve this issue? Tech Support PS3 4 answers
- Can you disenchant the Shrouded Armor set from the Dark Brotherhood quests to put on Dragon Scale Armor for example? Side Quest X360 4 answers
- Cant start certain quests? Tech Support PC 1 answer
- Skyrim Console Commands
- Ice Wraith Teeth
Ice Wraith Teeth Item ID
The item ID for Ice Wraith Teeth in Skyrim on Steam (PC / Mac) is:
To spawn this item in-game, open the console and type the following command:
player.AddItem 0003AD6A 1
To place this item in-front of your character, use the following console command:
Ice Wraith Teeth Information
Find below information about Ice Wraith Teeth in Skyrim.
- Search forums
Find 5 ice wraith teeth for Marise
- Thread starter LewisLamb
- Start date Jul 26, 2013
- Skyrim Discussion
- Skyrim Help
- Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
- Jul 26, 2013
i got this bug i found the 5 ice wraith teeth for Marise but quest is still there it now says 0/5 but no opition to give them to her please help
Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
- Jul 27, 2013
What gaming platform are you using? You probably already tried this but did you try dropping them from your inventory and picking them up again?
- Jul 28, 2013
I don't know about that bug, but I have the job on my XBox. It's a repeatable quest, and the bug on mine is that although I have 5 teeth, the miscellaneous log shows only 2.
- Jul 30, 2013
Just to add to this, I had 10-Ice Wraith Teeth yesterday. My miscellaneous quest log showed, still, I had only two, and Marise had only enough coin to buy two.
Share this page
- Latest: Star Gazer
- Yesterday at 5:33 PM
- Latest: Simus
- Saturday at 9:11 AM
- Latest: fellowknight
- Wednesday at 4:28 AM
- Jan 9, 2024
- Latest: Aspen
- Dec 17, 2023
Why can’t I find my horse in Skyrim?
Many players have faced the issue of not being able to find their horse in Skyrim. Here are some possible reasons and solutions:
Horses can’t enter cities or buildings
This is a restriction in the game. Horses are not allowed inside cities or buildings. If you fast-travel to a town, you should find your purchased horse just outside the front gate or by the nearest stables.
Fast travel to a nearby location
If you can’t find your horse, try fast-traveling to a nearby location. Your horse should be waiting nearby the fast travel spot or in the nearest stable if you fast-traveled to a city.
Only the most recently used horse will travel with you
If you have purchased more than one horse, only the most recently used horse will travel with you. The previous horses will remain at the stable where you left them.
Tamed horses return to their original location
Once tamed, wild horses will return to where they were originally found if you switch to a different mount. The Unicorn, however, will return to the College of Winterhold.
Purchased horses respawn at the same place
If you buy a horse and it dies, it will respawn at the same place it died. This rule applies to purchased horses and Shadowmere.
No one can steal your horse
Without PC console commands, your horse will always trot back to its owner once you have finished riding it. There is a Thieves Guild quest where you can steal a valuable horse, but it is a specific quest and not a common occurrence.
You can’t own a stolen horse
To own a horse, you need to buy it or earn it through a quest. Stolen horses or wild horses usually return to where they were found. Once you own a horse, it will wait for you outside towns or cities at the local stables.
How to call your horse
In Skyrim, you cannot directly call your horse. Horses do not come when called like in some other games. You can only whistle to attract their attention, but they will not come running to you like a loyal companion.
Are horses worth it in Skyrim?
Horses can be a great way to get around Skyrim, but they are expensive in the early game. It costs 1000 gold to buy a horse, which may not be worth it when you can use that money for better weapons and gear. Consider your priorities before purchasing a horse.
Your horse stays where you left it
The horse you last rode will stay in the spot where you left it. If you dismount from a stolen horse, it may run back to where you stole it from. Owned horses will remain where you left them until you return.
Which items should you never sell?
There are several important items in Skyrim that you should never sell:
- Dragonpriest Masks
- Unusual gems in golden boxes
- Ice Wraith teeth
- Mammoth Tusks
- Flawless Amethysts
- Deathbell, Nirnroot, and Nightshade (in quantities of 20 each)
- Bear pelts (any kind)
Can you have multiple horses in Skyrim?
Yes, you can own multiple horses in Skyrim. However, only one horse can be active and travel with you at a time. The active horse is the one you last rode. Any non-active horses will automatically return to their stable when you fast travel on your active horse or directly into a city.
How many horses can you own in Skyrim?
You can own as many horses as are available, but only one horse can be active at a time. The active horse is the one you last mounted. All other horses will remain at their stables until you choose to ride them again.
About The Author
Shari jordan, leave a comment cancel reply.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.