1) What is your favorite quote?
Hard work is the key to success, and keys open doors
2) What would the closest person in your life say if we asked them, “What is the one characteristic that they totally dig about you, and the one that drives them insane?”
The positive energy she has towards life and almost everything, it’s contagious. A quick learner, ability to accommodate all kinds of people and work with them smoothly.
3) Can you tell us the story of your prior successes, challenges and major responsibilities?
My success story is a journey of a thousand miles which I risked taking that 1st step that has got my business, art and skill to where I am right now. The journey is not over yet. I’m still learning and discovering new things that are a big contribution to my growth, sieving the positive from the negative, Positive vibes only. I have had challenges as well, especially growing my business, where no one believes in it so it’s a struggle to make people see and understand your vision. It was draining because at some point we need support. At this point I thank God for where I am and a major responsibility I have is to keep my head high and keep the art alive. People are watching and there are those following lead.
4) Tell us about a time you almost gave up and how you felt about that, and what you did instead of giving up.
This is a story I share to give hope. While I was starting out as a Makeup Artist, I was really passionate and I could work every chance I got, to help improve my skill besides other things. Sometime those chances didn’t come and could go for weeks without working. I remember a time I went for a whole month with no work and that is when I actually gave up. I went to look for a job since I’m also a graphic designer but on every interview I went to, I would really think about makeup and something inside me kept pulling me back. While awaiting on feedback from interviews I went to, things on this other side started looking up. I improved myself, my skill and till date I have never looked back.
5) What is your biggest motivation?
Not knowing what tomorrow holds so I give my best and all today.
6) Tell us something that’s true that almost nobody agrees with you on.
I am an ambivert
7) What would someone who doesn’t like you say about you?
They wouldn’t like my guts
8) We are celebrating our first anniversary, what achievements are you celebrating this year?
I watched an international award winning feature film that I worked on.
Check Out her past feature in BE Afrika Discovered digital creative magazine here